Business Intelligence Report Writer
Loans 2 Go has been established over 20 years, we are an industry leader in the provision of alternative, affordable personal loans. As an online lender we’re able to offer clients extended hours of support; making Loans 2 Go more accessible and able to help more people find the funding they need.
We look to help individuals and small businesses solve their cash flow challenges with a range of alternative personal loans. As a longstanding member of the CCTA and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, our Company provides a completely transparent service, giving applicants a choice of loan products and ensuring it is affordable for them.
Do you love data? Are you looking for a role in which you can innovate and have the freedom to be creative? Can you find meaning in data and are you able to coherently present this to stakeholders?
We are looking someone who can rely on their business insight and technical prowess to build tools which will automate reporting and display data in a user friendly and meaningful way. You will support stakeholders in understanding how initiatives are performing and aid in finding areas of potential improvements.
Ideally you will be outcome driven and you will love finding patterns in big and messy data, you will need to be self-driven and not be afraid of responsibility.
- Engage with stakeholders and ask the right questions with regard to business reporting and present findings in a meaningful way
- Perform business analysis in order to build business reports and dashboards
- Write requirement specs for reports and dashboards
- Keep existing reports refreshed and up to date
- Implement (from scratch) Power BI reporting as required
- Perform robust quality assurance on reports to ensure accuracy and that they are also in line with stakeholders expectations
- Present and train users on how to use the reports/dashboard; ensuring that the users have a good understanding.
- Monitor, manage and improve the robustness of the daily data warehouse data load
- Write technical and user documentation to allow BI team to develop and support data warehouse
- Manage code, version and release control
Attributes and requirements:
- Bachelor degree level in STEM or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with data warehouse reporting systems using Power BI.
- Solid MSSQL experience
- 2016 or above
- Stored Procedures
- An analytical mind set
- Data Modelling
- Data Mining
- Excellent presentation skills
- Relevant work experience, with a focus on business analysis
- MSSQL Tabular model cubes / DAX language
- Exposure to Atlassian suite
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience in working within the financial industry
- Understanding of GDPR
- Working knowledge of Git/Bitbucket
- Self motivated
- Able to manage a body of work with shifting priorities
- Understanding the difference between urgent and important
- You will be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and oral
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Professional curiosity
Tech Skills Roundup
- SQL Server 2016 or above
- Stored Procedures
- Tabular model cubes / DAX language
- Power BI
- Report Writing
- Environment build out
- Version Control (Git/Bitbucket)
About The Team
The I.T. team is comprised of Infrastructure, Development, Analytics and App Support We are a small team supporting the business of around 130 staff. You will become a key member of the team and the business. Primarily you will be liaising with departments heads and Exec level.
About the business:
- Our product range focuses on personal loans between £250 ~ £3000 with loan terms ranging from 12-24 months.
- We receive in excess of 80,000 enquiries per month.
- Our target market is hard pressed consumers and, small business owners with cash flow challenges. These markets under served by mainstream lenders.
- Loans 2 Go is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Contracted 35 Hours per week.
- We can support flexible working hours, however there will be an expectation to ensure all reporting is available to the business before 08:00 on weekdays
- COVID-19: Currently this role is exclusively home based however ideally we are looking for someone within commutable distance to the office.
Some benefits we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 free and confidential counselling
- Refer-a-friend scheme with financial incentives
- Training and advancement opportunities
- e-Learning supplied by Udemy
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Shower facilities on site