We are Loans 2 Go. Our mission? To provide lines of credit to those who have been neglected by mainstream lenders. We are growing and adapting fast. Approaching 20 years of operation nationwide, we have helped hundreds of thousands of customers over that time and the business has transformed from a traditional high-street lender to a multi-channel, online loan provider. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and we take that seriously. We understand the importance of providing fair and transparent products and services as the key to unlocking a prosperous future for the business. We will continue to adapt, improve, and implement changes where required to improve our people, the business, and the overall quality of our customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Compliance Department working alongside a team of Compliance Officers to ensure the firm fulfils and meets the Financial Conduct Authority’s requirements. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Compliance. The Compliance Team is responsible for working in line with the company’s compliance monitoring programme, specifically call monitoring, operational risk and compliance audits and providing essential reporting to management for corrective action. The Compliance Officer position is a busy, varied, and challenging role and you must be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge coupled with effective planning and organisational skills, the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines and to work on your initiative.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards
- When compliance problems arise, conducts investigations to discover the roots of the issue
- Coordinating and facilitating call calibration sessions for front line staff.
- Providing feedback to call centre staff and supervisors.
- Producing internal performance reports for management.
- Identifying customer detriment, and where applicable, set and follow up on remedial tasks.
- Provides assistance to supervisors and senior managers where required
Attributes and experience:
- Experience of working within a Compliance role would be desirable
- Experience of working within a financial institution or a similar regulated environment
- IT literate, with proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Proactive with a solutions-based approach
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- A demonstrable interest in learning and development
Some benefits we offer:
- Up to 33 days holiday inclusive of UK bank holidays and based on length of service.
- Workplace pension provided to all permanent employees, in line with government requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program- Free and confidential access through Health Assured including a 24/7 helpline for financial, family, physical and mental health support.
- Length of service recognition and rewards for those who reach 5- and 10- years’ service.
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme.
- Training and advancement opportunities.
Hours: 40 hours per week, between Mon – Fri 09:00hrs – 18:00hrs
Salary: depending on experience and competency
Location: Putney SW15. Excellent public transport links.
Working from home and the office, as and when required by the business