Debt Collections Agent
Loans 2 Go is the established market leader in the logbook loans sector. The product range has been expanded recently to include logbook loans, hire purchase, homeowner and personal loans and we receive more than 40,000 enquiries per month.
The target market is hard pressed consumers who are underserved by mainstream lenders and small business owners with cash flow challenges. Loan terms range from 12 – 36 months although early repayment is available without any penalty. Loans 2 Go is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The Arrears Team Account Manager (ATAM) & Pre-Recoveries Account Manager (PRAM) will be responsible for the recovery of monies outstanding on Loans 2 Go customer accounts which have fallen into arrears. Accounts managed will include all product types, and involve multiple stages of the collections and recoveries process.
This role will primarily include working daily campaigns to try and make contact with customers via phone, SMS, email and letters, and negotiating the repayment of outstanding arrears. There will also be a requirement to use tracing tools in order to locate customers who may have absconded from their primary residence.
The role is telephone based although there will be additional administrative duties and requirements where it is necessary in enhancing the recovery process.
- Negotiating the repayment of outstanding arrears owed by Loans 2 Go customers
- Contacting customers and third parties via a range of mediums including, but not limited to, outbound/inbound telephone calls, letters, email and SMS
- Reviewing a portfolio of both secured, and unsecured debt and using tactical negotiation techniques in order to recover swift payment of outstanding monies owed
- Working with customers to identify and arrange suitable and sustainable payment plans which match their current financial circumstances
- Completing comprehensive Income & Expenditure documentation with customers to assess their affordability and agree a resolution to their account
- Demonstrating industry and regulatory standards on all calls in order to deliver a positive outcome for both customer and business
- Identifying a variety of customer types (e.g. Vulnerable, Won’t Pays, Fraudulent) and making key decisions on how to proceed with their accounts
- Processing payments and handling transactions over the phone
- Using multiple internal software systems to manage customer accounts
- Acting with due care where a customer is identified as being vulnerable, and ensuring forbearance is applied where applicable
- Reviewing daily/weekly/monthly Management Information (MI) with the team and assisting the business in prioritising account lists
- Performing vehicle valuations and preparing accounts for repossession activity
Attributes and Experience:
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience working in a Contact Centre environment (Debt Recovery or Customer Service is preferred) answering inbound and outbound calls.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with different customer personalities and types
- Good organisational and effective time management skills
- Confident decision maker, who works well under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to effectively control calls with customers
- A firm approach to negotiating repayment of debt, whilst ensuring sympathy/empathy is exercised where appropriate
- Reliable employee who’s punctual and has excellent timekeeping
- Ability to multitask, organise and prioritise tasks according to current business objectives
- Experience of working within an FCA regulated environment, and knowledge of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Reasonable exposure to using multiple IT software systems
- Energy and enthusiasm when working in a target driven environment
- Assertive, confident and intellectually capable of dealing with customer objections
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding Management Information Reporting with ability to understand performance of the team
Some benefits we offer:
- Up to 33 days holiday.
- A Great Team and Environment to work in.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 Free and confidential counselling.
- Refer-a-friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities.
- Hours: 40 hours weekly rota operating Mon – Saturday flexibility is required.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00hrs – 19:00hrs, Saturdays 09:00-14:00hrs
Location: Putney SW15. Excellent public transport links
Interested? E-mail Sarah Stina at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter along with your CV.