Technical Infrastructure Engineer
Loans 2 Go is the established market leader in the logbook loans sector. The product range has been expanded recently to include logbook loans, hire purchase, homeowner and personal loans and we receive more than 80,000 enquiries per month.
The target market is hard pressed consumers who are underserved by mainstream lenders and small business owners with cash flow challenges. Loan terms range from 12 – 36 months although early repayment is available without any penalty. Loans 2 Go is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Join Loans 2 Go in an essential role in a small and very busy team, this role is primarily project focused, however you will also act as a knowledge and escalation point for support queries. You will be considered the resident expert on technical matters.
- Project work will come naturally, and you will be able to clearly work through projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support our infrastructure which is primarily Microsoft based. A solid level of experience with Group Policy, Active Directory, Office 365, WDS etc is essential to be able to support the environment.
- Exposure to managing telephony systems, ideally Avaya IPOffice.
- Clearly log work ensuring that all relevant information is captured, so you can ascertain what priority should be given to the ticket.
- Logically and calmly work through tickets with a view to resolve or escalate. Bear in mind that our internal customers are not always tech savvy, so patience is key.
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate to internal customers and third parties to find solutions, either verbally or in writing.
- Work closely with 3rd parties.
- Create amazing “How To” articles which are easy to follow and enable customers to help themselves. You will maintain and improve these documents to ensure their awesomeness.
- Make excellent tea, understanding that if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing properly.
- You may from time to time have to visit one of our data centres so having a driving licence (Car or Motorcycle) is a must. Ideally you should be able to drive a van if required.
Attributes and Experience:
- A deep understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- Project Management.
- Exposure to VMware.
- Exposure to Nutanix.
- Saint level patience.
- Documenting Guru.
- Tea making extraordinaire.
- Driving Licence.
- The best fit for this role would be someone who is able to effectively switch between tasks and understand the difference between importance and urgency.
- You will be able to communicate fluently in English and have competent math skills.
- You understand that ‘grunt’ work has to be done and will approach it with a spring in your step and a smile on your face.
- People may describe you as: a geek, resourceful, self-motivated and dependable. We’d love to hear what people have to say about you, ensure you include these in your application.
- A strong teamwork ethos will need to come naturally.
- You get excited about keeping things neat and tidy.
- Real world experience is key, you must have at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional curiosity.
About the Team
Our team is like air; No one gives I.T. a second thought but it’s essential.
- There for our internal customers when they need us and we make sure that they can get on and do the job they are supposed to be doing, rather than worrying about I.T. The goal is to provide legendary service.
- A small team and we depend on each other. We all pull together to ensure success.
- Looking for someone who is powered by commitment and eager to do great work. You should challenge yourself every day to become better.
- 35 hpw, we are open from 08:00-20:00 and we support flexible hours.
- You will be required to work unsociable hours from time to time. This comes with the territory.
Some benefits we offer:
- Up to 33 days holiday.
- A Great Team and Environment to work in.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 Free and confidential counselling.
- Refer-a-friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities.
Location: Putney SW15. Excellent public transport links
Interested? E-mail us now at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter along with your CV.